in it for the long run
sustainability is at the top of the priority list at blankdays. our approach to sustainability is pretty much the same as our approach to exercise or other people’s driving skills; we always see room for improvement. across all areas of our business, we’re working to elevate the world by making our vision a reality. we focus on responsible supply chain and our company’s environmental footprint.
we’ve been scouring europe to find manufacturers that share our views on quality and sustainability. everything is carefully inspected – from production to corporate culture – and good, safe and fair working conditions are non-negotiable.
the pursuit of working with ambitious sustainability goals and getting even better is an ongoing process. and we’re in it for the long run. that’s why we communicate our sustainability efforts with honesty and transparency.
- blankdays materials are kind to the environment, and exhibit everything you want from clothing, such as durability and comfort.
- all cotton is GOTS certified and traceable to growers.
- the merino wool is non-mulesing and EXP 4.0 treated. This is the first wool treatment that meets the strict requirements for eco labelling, such as GOTS.
- blankdays is a label free brand. no unnecessary hang tags or other labels are used on our garments.
- all packaging is environmentally friendly. the plastic bags are made from recycled and recyclable plastic, and the boxes from recycled corrugated cardboard.
- transports are kept to a minimum. our portuguese producers’ subcontractors are located within a 10 km radius.
- all shipments to customers are climate-compensated and are also made – to the fullest extent possible – with the freight companies’ most environmentally friendly alternatives.
- blankdays has scoured Europe to find manufacturers who can produce our garments sustainably. at present, blankdays has two manufacturers in northern Portugal where our t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, shirts and boxershorts are made.
- blankdays socks are manufactured in gällstad, sweden, only 50 km from our office. the production unit is entirely powered by renewable energy in the form of wind power.
- blankdays donates 5% of the profit to sustainable initiatives.
- do you have ideas on how to further improve our sustainability initiatives? we appreciate all feedback and ideas from you! please get in touch by e- mail: email@example.com.